The Supergen UK Centre for Marine Energy Research (UKCMER) is nearing the completion of its current format. You are invited to participate in its 2018 Annual Assembly on Wednesday 5th December.
SUPERGEN UKCMER ANNUAL ASSEMBLY
8.30am-6.00pm; Wednesday 5th December 2018; Edinburgh International Conference Centre, Edinburgh EH3 8EE
Participants at the SuperGen UKCMER Annual Assembly will be able to:
- Be inspired hearing from our motivational speaker Matthijs Soede from the European Commission about strengthening the link between industry and academic research.
- Witness the launch of the University of Edinburgh Open Source tools in wave and tidal device and system modelling.
- Hear of the progress in the Centre and learn of the ongoing work within these research themes: Arrays and Resources; Survivability and Reliability; and Alternative Approaches.
- Learn of the outcomes of the recently completed Grand Challenge Projects and progress of recent awards.
- Hear the progress of joint projects supported by the UKCMER and WES.
- Receive an update regarding the formation of the new combined Supergen Hub in Offshore Renewable Energy.
- Be updated on activities within the FloWave Ocean Energy Research Facility.
- Hear about Wave Energy Scotland projects and future initiatives.
- Meet academic and research staff from EPSRC-funded universities and meet many industry collaborators.
The Assembly is just one of the marine and renewable energy events in Edinburgh that week, which includes the Annual Conference of Wave Energy Scotland (WES) and the Scottish Green Energy Awards, both being held the following day at the same venue.
We do hope that you will be able to come along and join us. Attendance is free but, if you plan to attend, please complete the online registration form here.